Mott MacDonald: Job Opportunity
Senior Land Consultant
Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham & Croydon
Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunities for long term career progression?
If so, please read on…
A bit about us:
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we’re helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
About the division:
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from a few million pounds to £20bn through the technical disciplines of land advisory, programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management. Our transportation portfolio is primarily a UK based business working in four key sectors of rail, highways, land and aviation. We deliver programme, project and commercial management services to clients in mainland Europe, Africa, Middle East, India and Australasia while supporting other parts of the transportation business across the globe.
What is our vision?:
Our vision, with your help, is to deliver major transportation projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as credible and preferred for our existing and new clients.
and supporting other parts of the transportation business across the globe. Our vision is to deliver major transportation projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as ‘credible’ and ‘preferred’ for our existing and new clients.
A bit about the role:
Whilst reporting directly to the experienced Land Advisory Principal Land Consultant, you’ll be managing multiple projects and workstreams on major infrastructure schemes. The focus of this exciting new role and opportunity is to help build the growing business and to manage the delivery of detailed, high quality land advice for our clients.
Required criteria for the ideal Senior Land Consultant:
- Geography Bachelor’s degree or in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience working on land information procurement and management for infrastructure schemes
- Demonstrable success in role requiring high degree of multi-tasking and problem-solving on infrastructure schemes
Essential competencies / skills:
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Statutory Processes, Land Referencing, Standing Orders and Land & Property Industry
- Experience of managing land referencing teams and delivering a successful Book of Reference for hybrid Bill, TWAO, DCO, CPO schemes
- Excellent communication skills and able to liaise at all levels with both internal and external stakeholders
- Highly motivated and conscientious and able to work to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible, enthusiastic and positive approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and remain calm under pressure
- Confident and capable of working on own initiative
- Full clean UK driving license and a willingness to travel to land referencing locations
Desired competencies / skills:
- Management and negotiation of access for survey
Equality, diversity and inclusion statement:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.