AGM Notice 2018
Gowlings WLG, Two Snowhill, Birmingham, B4 6WR
Monday 15th October 2018
5.45pm Registration; 6.00pm Start; 7.00pm Drinks Reception
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting for the Association will be held on Monday 15th October 2018 for the purposes of transacting the following Association business:
- Receiving minutes from 2017
- Receiving report by the outgoing Chairman
- Receiving report and accounts by the Hon. Treasurer
- Announcement of the Election
- Receiving address of incoming Chairman
- Any other business
Followed by the Tony Johnson Memorial Lecture.
This year the Case Law Update will be delivered by
Richard Honey, Barrister, Francis Taylor Building
Caroline Daly, Barrister, Francis Taylor Building
At the national conference we didn’t have time to have a case law update. To make amends for members, we will be including it at this years AGM.
We hope additionally that we will be able to offer a commentary on the Aylesbury decision, but the timing of publication is out of our hands.
This will be the first time we have held the AGM outside London, and we seek strong support from those that would otherwise have the AGM trip to London. To accommodate we include travel details to assist; and also advise on the last fast train back to London. We look forward to your continued support for this event.
The AGM will be followed by a drinks reception
• To attend, please complete the below form; there is no cost to attend.
• Until HS2 is completed, the following are fast trains (journey time of 1 hr 22 mins) from London Euston at 4.03pm, arriving in Birmingham New St at 5:26pm, the costs are from £19.90 return - This is only a guide, please choose the most convenient stations to you.
• Birmingham Snow Hill is the closest station with only a 4 minute walk and there is a 10 minute walk between Birmingham New St station and Gowlings.
• If walking from Birmingham New St, pass through the ticket barriers on the new concourse, following signs for the 'New Street Exit'. On leaving the station, walk straight ahead up Corporation Street. Turn left on to Upper Bull Street. Walk around Colmore Circus Queensway and then continue down Snow Hill Queensway. The Office is located on the left hand side of the road. Alternatively, taxis can be found outside the 'New Street Exit' of the station on Stephenson Street.
• Last fast train back to London Euston is 8:50pm.
The AGM is free to attend by paid up members only.
Venue kindly offered by Gowlings WLG