The CPA is a not for profit member organisation that promotes best and effective practice in delivering land for infrastructure, housing and regeneration. It is non partisan and does not support or oppose, nor comment upon specific schemes. Its members represent acquiring authorities and claimants.
- Establish a multi-disciplinary association of persons interested in compulsory purchase.
- Enable free exchange of views, experience and advice.
- Provide correspondence and newsletters to members by e-newsletters and e-mails.
- Promote lectures, seminars, and similar events, on compulsory purchase topics for both members and non-members.
- Provide networking opportunities for members and liaise with Universities to provide assistance on compulsory purchase topics.
- Act as a reference point and sounding board fo Government, the Law Commission and others on compulsory purchase issues and proposals.
- Promote best practice in all aspects of compulsory purchase.
- Remain independent of all organisations so as to offer balanced and unprejudiced views and advice.