Events > Old events > 2016
CPA Engagement Programme
Changes to CPO Practice - Consultation on further reform of the compulsory purchase system
With DCLG publishing further consultations on CPO reform, it has been agreed that the CPA should run 2 engagement events. The first is proposed to be an expanded Reform lecture event. The second a tag on to a CPT event in Manchester.
The Law Reform Lecture and Engagement Event - London
Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
Adelaide House, London Bridge, London, EC4R 9HA
Thursday 21st April 2016
Revised Timings are as follows:
16.25 Registration;16.45 Start; 18.15 Drinks; 19.30 Close.
The CPA’s annual Reform lecture is being held at Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP and is covering Bishopsgate, Ramac and other contentious issues. It thus makes sense for the event to be expanded and we will review all of the matters listed below. James Pereira QC will focus on the Bishopsgate and Ramac cases.
As this is an expanded event, the timings have been revised slightly.
CPA Members - £60 +VAT (Please use the promotional code you have been sent)
Non members - Fee £75 +VAT
Engagement Event - Manchester
Squire Patton Boggs (UK) LLP
Trinity Court, 16 John Dalton Street, Manchester, M60 8HS
Tuesday 26th April 2016
17.00 Registration;17.30 Start;19.00 Drinks;19.45 Close
This event is free to CPA members.
Areas for reform include:
- Identifying and fixing market value
- Clarifying the principle of the ‘no scheme world’
- Extending the definition of ‘the scheme’
- Putting mayoral development corporations on same footing as new town and urban development corporations
- Review of the ‘Bishopsgate’ principle
- Reverse loss payment share for landlords and occupiers
- Penal interest rates to enforce the making of advanced payments
- Statutory Blight
- Repeal of section 15(1) of the Land Compensation Act 1961
- Repeal of Part 4 of the Land Compensation Act 1961
- Allowing more authorities to bring forward compulsory purchase orders for joint purposes
- Making provision for temporary possession
- Bringing orders into operation