Special General Meeting
Moore Stephens, 150 Aldersgate Street London EC1A 4AB
Monday 22nd February 2016
16.00 Registration; 16.30 Start; 18.30 Close
A Special General Meeting has been called by 29 members of the Compulsory Purchase Association.
The propose of the meeting is to debate the merits and disadvantages of the quality initiative. The meeting should end with a vote on the matter.
Two resolutions will be discussed at the meeting;
“ This special meeting agrees that all the CPA membership should be invited to vote on the principle of the CPA introducing a system of accreditation and this should be in the form of an electronic vote in the same way as committee elections are conducted”
" I agree to the principle of the CPA introducing a voluntary accreditation scheme which will both recognise those members who have attained a basic standard of expertise and knowledge in the field of compulsory purchase and compensation and those who wish to undertake training to attain this basic standard. This meeting authorises the CPA to bring forward a revised voluntary accreditation scheme which will be subject to a future vote by the CPA membership."
1. Chairman’s opening remarks and outline of the agenda, procedures, resolutions and voting
2. Statement from Richard Asher
3. Statement from Henry Church on behalf of the QI working party
4. Questions and statements from the floor
5. Identification of key matters and guidance for working party to take into account for its recommendations and the second vote.
6. The votes
The SGM will be followed by a drinks reception
To attend, please complete the below form (there is no cost to attend).
The SGM is a paid up member only event.