As a Senior Property Acquisition Manager, you will be focused on complex, high value and sensitive acquisitions. Examples of cases that you could direct include business relocations, complex reconfigurations and high value acquisitions (£100m +). The role is likely to include cases from various sectors within the region, such as: commercial, industrial, retail, residential, agricultural and leisure.
Duties will include:
• Ownership and delivery of a specific case list, including high value, complex or sensitive acquisitions in the region, on behalf of the Acquisition Lead.
• Ensuring all compensation claims are negotiated to settlement within policy, legal guidelines and budget parameters so that land is available to the project at the right time.
• Proactively building relationships with affected property owners, individuals and organisations in a specified area of a region, to enable the negotiation process to be carried out effectively.
• Supporting the more complex aspects of petitions, negotiations and valuations to ensure resulting acquisitions meet forecast and quality requirements.
• Leading and directing external agents on property side negotiations with claimants for acquisition of properties through blight notices and hardship schemes in advance of compulsory purchase.
• Leading negotiations for petitions filed within a specified geographical area to minimise petitions reaching select committee, and prepare the evidence for cases that are presented to committee.
• Providing expert advice to the delivery function, town planning, environment and petition management stakeholders, to inform decision making in those areas from a property perspective.
• Collaborating and communicating with other members of the property acquisition management team to ensure a common and consistent approach is adopted across HS2
• Chartered surveyor or equivalent
• Evidence of working with suppliers, and ability to develop effective working relationships to ensure delivery through the supply chain
• Demonstrable, substantial experience working in the property business ( preferably in the land acquisition related to infrastructure projects)
• Must have broad knowledge of how compulsory purchase works and other government compensation schemes
• Ability to lead sensitive negotiations in a tactful way
• Effective stakeholder management
• It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.