Carter Jonas: Job Opportunity
Land Referencing Manager:
We are recruiting a dynamic Land Referencing Manager in our Birmingham Hub as part of our Land Assembly practice. The successful person will have a clear route to becoming a full partner in the business. This exciting role is at the heart of one of the UK's leading land assembly practices, enabling clients to compulsory purchase land, and win consent for infrastructure and regeneration projects.
With support and guidance and working with an established pipeline of work, the Land Referencing Manager will manage a team with substantial TWAO and DCO experience, they will have dedicated GIS resources including developers, technicians and an industry leading GIS enterprise solution. Reporting to the Head of Geospatial they will direct policy and drive the professional development of the team. The successful candidate will also have day to day responsibility for quality control and tender submissions.
- Creating Project plans and resourcing work packages
- Day to day supervision and coordination to be completed by project managers that you oversee
- Management of accounts
- Ensuring that project teams complete work on time and budget
- Quality checking deliverables before they can be issued to clients
- Oversee production of training material and business process guides
- Representing Carter Jonas at external meetings
Requirements For The Role:
You will ideally have 10 years of land referencing experience, across different infrastructure sectors, with a thorough knowledge of planning (DCO and TWAO) and compulsory purchase legislation. You will have worked on schemes with over 1000 affected parties. You will be able to demonstrate familiarity with GIS for the digitisation of title plans, and some understanding of a database based system for producing statutory notices and books of reference. A formal qualification in Project Management would be an advantage. Thorough knowledge of the Planning Act and relevant rules of land referencing is required. You will also have the opportunity to attend and present at Carter Jonas' Compulsory Purchase Academy.
Voted one of the Best Places to work in Property in 2018 and accredited with a Gold Investors in People award, we are proud of our values and what they stand for; chosen by our very own employees:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
Our Birmingham office is in a central city location, just short walk from both New Street and Snow Hill stations. We offer a highly competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including 25 days annual leave (minimum), pension contribution, life assurance as well as flexible benefits. We also welcome applications from those seeking flexible working arrangements