Nominations and Elections 2018
As part of the governance of the CPA, the CPA is required to have elections annually; for the posts of Chair, Vice Chair and 6 board members.
Nominations are now open for:
- Six elected Board Members
6 board members will serve 2 years – from AGM October 2018 - AGM September 2020
If you would like to discuss what membership of the Board involves please contact the Chair, Vicky Fowler.
Annual General Meeting
The date for this year's Annual General Meeting is Monday 15th October 2018. Which this year will be held in Birmingham.
Further details will be circulated in due course.
- Anyone seeking to stand needs to complete the nomination form.
- Please read the extract from the Articles of Association, on page 2 of the nomination form.
- If you wish, the full Articles of Association can be found by clicking here.
- Those nominated must be paid up members, as too proposers and seconders. A list of members is also published on the website.
- All nomination forms must be returned to the CPA office by fax, email or post no later than 17.00 on the 1 August 2018. Contact details are found here.
- The normal term of a board member is two years. The Chair and Vice-Chair serve for one year only. To be eligible to stand as Chair or Vice-Chair you must have served previously on the board at some point.
- If there are more people standing than there are posts, then there shall be an election. Details will be published on the website if this happens and members emailed.
- If you are elected to the Board, there is a presumption and expectation that you will attend committee meetings. There are usually 10 such meetings annually. Reasonable costs are paid for attendance to committee meetings for members who are not based in, or work in London.