Elections in 2017
There was an election for the 2017 Board, 13 members have been nominated.
Vicky Fowler and Jon Stott were nominated for chair and vice chair respectively, and thus chair and vice chair elects and will assume office after the AGM on the 16 October. Congratulations to them both. There bios are listed below.
There are 6 places available for a period of 2 years, and with Jon becoming vice chair, he has resigned his place and whoever comes 7th in the election will join the board for a period of 1 year.
Click here to view details of those standing.
- The election ran from Monday 4 September until Friday 29 September 2017 at 23.45.
Who is entitled to vote?
- Fully paid up members whether standard or corporate as of the 1 August 2017; and honorary members. Anyone joining after the 1 August is not eligible.
Form of voting:
- Voting is electronic via the web. There are no postal votes. Those eligible will receive an email from Electionbuddy Elections [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Anyone not receiving an invite once the election has started should contact the office on email@example.com
- Invites to vote are sent to member’s registered emails, as held by the office. As a general requirement of membership, members are responsible for advising of any contact amendments.
- CPA’s duty of care is to ensure the email is sent and to notify members the election has begun – by email and posts on the website. Thereafter, it’s the members duty to check receipt of the ballot invitation; and to vote.
- Members should be aware that whilst an email is delivered, it may not actually end up in an inbox due to company server setups, spam filter settings and clutter settings.
- Voting is for fully paid up members only as of 1 August 2017.
- 1 member = 1 vote. Each vote invite has a unique code and once that code is used by voting, it cannot be used again; and the member cannot have another vote, nor change their vote.
- The office can verify whether someone has voted (and this information is not shared), how many have voted, how many have not been delivered, but it cannot determine how anyone has voted.
- The office will investigate failed deliveries, correct where possible and resend. But the primary duty is on the member to inform of any change of email address.
- Election Officer: Colin Cottage. Vicky Fowler and Henry Church will be deputy election officers. The three will be the appeals panel in the event of such. The CPA Administrator is the Proxy Election officer, but will not have a vote in appeals.
- The election officer will devolve responsibility of the election to the Administrator and his staff, but the election officer will call the election and oversee it is conducted objectively, fairly, professionally and robustly.
- The election officer will check the validity of the nominations. Those nominating will not be published.
- The election officer will agree the duration of the election and the reminders sent before the start of the election.
- The election officer will agree the conduct of the election; will deal with any issues that arise during the election.
- The election officer will be given details of the results and inspect them, and can ask whatever questions are required to confirm the ballet has been undertaken correctly.
- Only the election officer and the Administrator (and optionally the deputy election officers) will be aware of the scores obtained. No candidates will be given the scores.
- The chairman will announce those successfully elected to the Board and then to the AGM. The chairman will contact each of the candidates privately 24 hours prior to the AGM.