Statement of Principles and Policies
The Compulsory Purchase Association (CPA) Diversity, Equality and Inclusion: Statement of Principles and Policies
- The CPA is committed to creating an inclusive environment where its membership can thrive through diversity and equality.
- The CPA recognises it has a role to play in supporting members from all backgrounds irrespective of age, disability, gender definition, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion & belief and sex and sexual orientation together with such other protected characteristics as may be prescribed.
- The CPA is committed to increasing representation of those from underrepresented groups.
- The CPA will ensure that diversity, equality and inclusion are integral to its activities.
- The CPA will promote and support the active participation of members from a range of backgrounds and provide a platform for diversity of issues.
- The CPA will seek to increase the diversity of its Board.
- These principles and policies will be reviewed annually by the CPA Board to establish how the terms of how these have been adhered to in the CPA’s activities.
[Separately we would recommend setting up a working group on Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity]